Case Study - Thinkific
# of Months
# of Hires
Cost per Hire
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone, anywhere the ability to easily create, market, and sell their own online courses. The team of 400+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together.
Founded in 2012; Thinkific has grown and raised $22 million which lead to a successful IPO in 2021. Thinkific presently has a 4.9 star rating on Glassdoor and was voted the #2 Best Workplace in 2021.
Thinkific initially engaged Gurulink to help support Top of Funnel (TOF) sourcing. They were experiencing massive growth in evergreen roles and needed a regular list of prospective candidates to reach out to.
Challenges & Requirements
- Volume of Hiring
- Team was under-staffed based on the volume of requirements
- General talent shortage
- High-quality top of funnel and candidate outreach
At the onset of the project Thinkific engaged GuruLink to provide 1 fractional Sourcing Specialist at 20 hours per week to support top-of-funnel sourcing for senior engineering roles as well as initial candidate screenings and ongoing candidate relationship management.
Within 3 months of engagement, the scope of the project was increased to one full-time Sourcing Specialist at 40 hours per week driving top of funnel across a variety of roles and ultimately continued on for a total of 16 months.
We quickly gained a reputation for providing a high quality, high volume top-of-funnel and were typically assigned some of the most challenging roles.
Some of the roles that we filled while on this project were:
- Vice President of Engineering
- Vice President of Operations
- Director of Payments
- Director of Information Security
- Product Manager x 2
- Senior/Engineering Manager (multiple hires)
- Senior Engineer Lead (multiple hires)
- Software Engineers (multiple hires)
- EA to the CEO
- Technical Architect
- Data Reliability Engineer
- PR Manager
- Finance Operations Lead
- Risk Analyst
- Manager of Demand Generation
- CRM Lifecycle Manager
While supporting some of the most challenging hires we also managed to maintain the highest offer acceptance ratio on the TA team.
- Successfully filled 23 roles in 16 months, several of which were Director level or above
- Cost-per-hire of $9,713
- Streamlined internal interview process reducing the average number of interviews to hire from 5+ to 3 and reduced total interview processing time by 10-14 business days on average per role
- Developed targeted candidate outreach and follow-up campaign templates
- Developed training materials and templates for future recruitment and department hires
- Maintained the highest offer acceptance ratio on the TA team
Gavin and Paige were able to find opportunities that aligned with my personal interests for companies that are at the forefront of new technologies and industries. The process was very quick and guidance was given every step of the way. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a job.”
and feeling like I was getting lost in a pile of resumes, GuruLink did the legwork of presenting my skills and experience to the employer for me and helped get me the IT job that I’ve always wanted. They have educated me on the company, prepared me for who I’d be interviewing with, what questions might be asked. They gave me the confidence I needed to go in and rock the interviews, and now the job. In a booming IT job market that can be hard to find valuable and interesting work, GuruLink found the job that’s right for me, at the salary that I wanted.”
Julia and Jibran for the great opportunity that they gave me. As a newcomer to Canada, I wasn’t expecting to get the same job that I have before in my home country. I am unfamiliar with the recruiting process here, and I always hear that we need ‘Canadian Experience’ even if it means taking a job not related to your previous occupation or education. But with the guidance and help of awesome recruiters like Julia and Jibran, I was able to get a job well suited to my qualifications and more than expected compensation. I am very grateful to both of them, and I hope that they can help more newcomers like me to have a great job in Canada and start a new chapter in their lives.”