Senior Software Architect
Our Client, a leader in the Fintech industry, has changed how small -medium sized Canadian businesses can get the financing they need to grow.
They are looking for a Software Architect who will work closely with the management team and members of cross-functional teams to drive the strategic technical direction of our client’s Lending Service platform.
• Define and develop the product's technical direction, advise management its capabilities both current and future potential
• Guide the direction of the development team by creating technology roadmaps.
• Create and develop advanced foundational architecture that will enable future feature expansion, assuming comprehensive responsibility for ongoing reengineering and modification of the existing architecture as well as creating and developing architectural advances to accommodate future features and capabilities;
• Participate in system specification review
• Create detailed software design as well as maintain code according to the duties and responsibilities of the team
• Assist and mentor the teams with implementing new technologies
• Instil best practices, code quality and architectural vision
• BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or closely related field;
• 10+ years of professional experience working as a senior/lead engineer or working as a software Architect;
• Proven background with the AWS technology platform as an architect and designer of n-tier, component based and service oriented enterprise applications;
• Excellent large-scale deployment, solid experience in algorithms, service bus and multi-threaded programming;
• Software Engineering discipline and commitment to high quality;
• Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment with a test driven approach;
• Experience implementing CI/CD frameworks;
• Experience with business system integration
• Experience with the design and implementation of SOA and micro-service architectures;
• Experience with high traffic, enterprise level web applications; scalability, security and consumer acceptance
experience with developing scalable web services;
• Experience with PHP and Python;