Senior Software Engineer
Our client partner was one of the first local shops to take a real engineering focus to custom client work. Existing at the nexus between management consulting and and interactive design, this is not your typical services organization. This team’s focus is on building award-winning web and mobile products that shape business strategy, brands and customer experience. Renowned for their creativity and craftsmanship, they have built apps for some of the most innovative startups and Fortune 100 organizations in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you’ll be leading the full stack engineering of custom products for startups and enterprises. Expect to be called upon to architect the ‘right’ solution for the challenge at hand, as you see it; to be working on critical applications and influencing key business processes for clients; to be mentoring junior developers, who will look to you for guidance through the development process from ideation to delivery. This may not be an easy gig at times; you will need to apply your deep technical experience while continuously learning. You’ll need stay ahead of the curve. However, if you love nothing more than shipping useful products, this may be the best place for you in Toronto. And if you do join, you’ll be part of a team and culture that finds common ground and purpose in learning, craftsmanship and excellence.
So, what’s it going to take to land this opportunity?
- You are opinionated, love solving problems and passionate about technology
- You have proven experience scaling sophisticated web applications
- You aren’t afraid to learn new languages, frameworks and methodologies
- You have a history of taking ownership of projects from start to finish
- You have a solid understanding of Lean / Agile processes
- You can demonstrate knowledge of database design, network services, solution architecture and implementation
- You have experience with a variety of tools such as Ruby on Rails, Node.js, PHP, C#, Java, Python, MySQL, Postgres, Git, Continuous Integration, etc.